Federated Media Publishing Grows Audience 53% YOY According to comScore's June 2012 Media Metrix; Largest Growth of Top 20 U.S. Internet Properties
Conversational Marketing Innovator Is Fastest Growing Company Working With Bloggers; Vastly Outpaces Glam Media, BlogHer and Say Media
SAN FRANCISCO, August 9, 2012 – Federated Media Publishing, the conversational marketing pioneer and champion of content that fuels the social web, achieved the largest year over year growth in the top 20 U.S. Internet Properties according to comScore’s June 2012 Media Metrix. FMP’s portfolio of industry-leading, publishing partners increased in audience size from 41.5 million to 63.6 million monthly unique visitors and expanded beyond technology, lifestyle and business into new categories including entertainment and music.
· FMP achieved the largest growth of all companies that work directly with and on behalf of bloggers; outpacing Glam Media, BlogHer and Say Media.
· FMP currently hosts conversational marketing campaigns for 75 of the 100 top brands on AdAge’s list of Leading National Advertisers, released earlier this month. Additionally, the company runs seven-figure, turnkey publishing programs for 10 of these Top 100 brands.
· Content produced by FMP publishers has superior social energy and is tweeted nearly 16 times per 1,000 page views; 42 times MORE than that of similar content from competitors Yahoo, AOL, Conde Nast, Demand Media, Glam Media and SAY Media.
· FMP’s enormous network of publishers has access to a variety of influencer communities, contextual targeting technologies and monetization tools to help them grow and profit.
· The integration of Lijit Networks employees, publishing partner relationships and programmatic buying tools and expertise continues to outperform expectations.
· Lijit now has relationships with over 150,000 websites and is already exceeding its 2012 plan by more than 20 billion ad requests.
· Being able to offer brands a best-in-class programmatic buying solution in conjunction with customized conversational marketing programs is a key industry differentiator for Federated Media Publishing.
· New offices in Chicago and Los Angeles are there to better service important local clients through expanded in-market sales and support. FMP will also host the second annual Signal Chicago on September 11, 2012.
Industry Leader in Conversational Marketing Continues to Innovate
FMP offers a complete suite of conversational marketing products that is activated across all social platforms. These products are paid media solutions that use content in context to amplify brand messages at scale. Through relevant, earned conversations, brand perception is enhanced. Key products include:
Native Conversationalist Suite offers a brand new, evolutionary group of products to help brands rethink the idea of display media and helps them move beyond standard boxes and rectangles.
· The product is natively optimized for mobile, integrates into the very fabric of the sites and is placed within the editorial well.
· The product is also standardized for brands so that additional design work is eliminated.
· The product is redefining benchmarks for ‘opt in’ engagement with click thru rates 20 percent above industry norm.
· Levi Strauss, Absolut and Pepsi are currently running these campaigns.
Conversation Targeting (CT) helps advertisers find brand-relevant conversations occurring across all FMP properties, allowing brands to target customers when and where they are most engaged.
· More than 200 unique conversations are currently offered, spanning every major content category.
· CT has historically performed 49% higher in click thru rate than non-targeted media.
· Industry leading advertisers including Intel, UPS, Chevy, HP, Microsoft, Samsung, Old Navy, Clorox, Skype, Volvo, Dell, Nestle, Xerox, Walgreens and New Balance are currently running these campaigns.
Programmatic Buying and Real Time Bidding are also available through Lijit Networks.
· Where appropriate, FMP offers increased opportunities to take advantage of standard display media via Real Time Bidding.
· With nearly 200 million domestic uniques, Lijit’s RTB platform ranks as one of the largest and most productive in the world.
“As banners, boxes and rectangles continue to evolve, it is clear that smart advertisers are also eagerly embracing proprietary ad systems,” said Deanna Brown, chief executive officer at Federated Media Publishing. “We offer the best of both worlds with our new, in-well Native Conversationalist Suite that promotes brand content in a non-interruptive way and our Lijit platform, which is one of the best full-service, programmatic buying options around.”
About Federated Media Publishing
Federated Media Publishing powers the Independent Web. We believe that the majority of meaningful engagements across digital media occur via high-quality independent sites and services. These sites leverage top digital talent to attract influential audiences who together create meaningful dialogue. Brands benefit from improved loyalty and increased sales when they become part of this authentic experience. Learn more at www.federatedmedia.net or visit us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or LinkedIn.
 Study conducted by the FMP’s Analytics Group and DataSift.